Survey into ad gender stereotypes
Some 68 per cent of women and 62 per cent of men agree ads feed into gender stereotypes
Does advertising reinforce gender stereotypes? Yes, according to the majority of Irish people. Some 68 per cent of women and 62 per cent of men agree. This rises to 84 per cent among those aged between 18 and 24, according to a study carried out by media communications agency MediaCom Ireland and women’s website Evoke.ie.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive