The next trade war?
The EU’s latest proposal on taxing multinationals would bruise Ireland
Say you go into a shop to buy a garment. There is no assistant around, so you search the racks yourself, find your size, make sure it fits and then bring it to the checkout. The price tag says €19.95, but you point out to the till operator that you had to do all the work making the purchase, so instead of paying €19.95 you want to pay just €19.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.