The new abnormal: What can we learn from last week’s market wobble?
Analysts focus on concerns about Trump’s threatened trade war with China as global uncertainty reigns
Paul Samuelson, the first American to win the Nobel Prize for Economics, once famously observed that the stock market has forecast nine of the last five recessions.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive