Lies, Damn lies and statistics, Is the boom back?
The economy is improving - but it’s a double-edged sword, as certain bad old habits might be coming back too
The economic tide is turning. Cranes are reappearing on the Dublin skyline, the unemployment rate is tumbling and even the bubbles are back: Champagne recently returned to the shopping basket used by the Central Statistics Office to measure the cost of living, after a five-year absence.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive