Keep your guard up as the China syndrome takes hold
In the wake of the sudden slowdown in the Far East, tread carefully when you’re on the lookout for stocks to invest in
Let’s face it: since 2009, investing in the stock market has been easy. Central banks have been flooding the market with cheap cash via quantitative easing and interest rates have been close to zero. Any slight correction has been a buying opportunity, so the best performance was achieved from being invested in stocks and just forgetting about it.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.