Funny how originality breeds success
Good design and humour perk up souvenirs and gifts
Tired of the traditional souvenirs and gifts on offer to tourists visiting Ireland, Andy Prior opened Maktus in the George’s Street Arcade on Drury Street in Dublin last March. The opening marked a new departure for Prior, who had run the homeware store Abode on the same spot since his return to Ireland in 2015 following a ten-year stint in Costa Rica.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive