IAG's Norwegian interest signals new round of airline deal-making
IAG says it has taken a 4.6 per cent in the carrier and sees it as an 'attractive investment'
Aer Lingus’s owner IAG has bought a stake in Norwegian Air, saying it is considering making a full offer for the discount competitor, signalling a new round of deal-making in a rapidly consolidating European airline market.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive