Still in the game: Charlie Chawke
After surviving the recession, publican Charlie Chawke is now running nine hostelries and planning to expand his own local, the Goat. But he still carries a debt burden from his 2005 purchase of the Orchard in Rathfarnham for €22 million
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.