We’re hiring: The Business Post is seeking a chief sub-editor
The successful candidate will be able to make clear journalistic choices that will bring content to the Business Post Group’s readers in a timely and relevant way
The Business Post Group is a diversified media group with a strong technology, data, digital and experience-driven portfolio of businesses.
The flagship brand of the Business Post sits at the centre of the group, and has a 30+ year track record as Ireland’s leading niche business, politics, economics and current affairs national news title.
The company now wishes to recruit a chief sub-editor. Reporting to the editor and the head of production, the successful candidate will work across all the group’s titles in print and digital format, ensuring accuracy and relevance in copy, and maximising the presentation of digital content.
The chief sub-editor will:
* Be responsible for managing the roster and time sheets of the sub-editor team.
*Help drive the digital transformation of the newsroom with the editor and senior management team.
* Work across both print and digital formats, checking copy for accuracy, writing eye-catching headlines and standfirsts for both platforms, in addition to loading and sizing photographs for digital pieces.
* Ensure that house style across print and digital is adhered to.
* Liaise and communicate regularly with both print and digital teams throughout the week and contribute to production shifts ahead of publication, including digital-first production.
The successful candidate will be:
* Able to work under pressure in a deadline-driven environment
* Focused on collaboration and flexibility
* Interested in, and knowledgeable of, news, current affairs, business and politics
* Able to make clear journalistic choices that will bring content to the Business Post Group’s readers in a timely and relevant way.
This is a full-time position that will involve some weekend work. Applications are invited from candidates with at least three years’ sub-editing and/or journalism experience, ideally at national newspaper level.
To apply, please forward a cover letter explaining why you feel you are a good fit for this role, and a copy of your CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by May 8, 2023.
Please put the words “Chief Sub Editor” in the subject line of your email.