No one could argue with the principle of rights protection, but two needless addendums to the EU’s proposed copyright rules are going way too far
It was supposed to be one of the most boring directives ever passed by the European Union. Now it looks like the copyright regulations going through the European Parliament could spell disaster for all citizens.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive