Mary Regan: 'Handling of garda controversies will be a lasting legacy for Kenny'
While the coalition has been pulled back from the brink, events of recent days have left bad blood within cabinet
Three weeks ago I wrote a column for the Sunday Business Post outlining why the then pending Commission of Investigation into the alleged smear campaign against Maurice McCabe would spell trouble for the Government and threaten to overshadow Enda Kenny’s second term as Taoiseach.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.