A victory for the left that it won’t acknowledge
There have been improvements in direct provision - in the main due to left-wing protest
Taken Down, the new RTÉ drama from Love/Hate creator Stuart Carolan and crime novelist Jo Spain, is set in a fictionalised accommodation centre for asylum seekers where the walls are damp, the food is awful, the rules are petty and the residents are depressed. But truth is stranger than fiction.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive