It’s time to back off: Bailey has been punished enough
The #SwingGate TD deserved ridicule, but online shaming of this magnitude can be more damaging than any formal sanction
Silly season is the name given by the media to the late summer period, because of the scarcity of hard news during the parliamentary and court holidays. There can be mini silly seasons elsewhere during the year, but the weekend of a double election is not normally one of them.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.