SBP editorials: Ryanair and unions need to up their game
Last week, two things happened to Ryanair that are worth mentioning. The first is that it had to dramatically re-order its flight schedule because of a strike by its pilots. The second is that it was given clearance by EU regulators to spend €100 million to buy 75 per cent of LaudaMotion, an airline founded by the former Formula One racing champion Niki Lauda.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive