Why the EU Commission has gone too far with digital tax plan
Fortress Europe’s attempt to tax multinationals will never work because many can operate beyond the EU
The EU Commission’s attempt this week to get the European Council – the leaders of the EU member countries – to buy into a levy on the sales of digital companies may well prove to be a watershed. The Commission appears to have gone too far in its attempts to reform European corporation tax policy from the centre. This time they really got it wrong.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive