Deal or no deal, primal English nationalism won’t be sated by Brexit
The Tory war against Europe looks like it could have years, if not a generation, to run – with the North in the thick of it
In the beginning, it was all supposed to go so smoothly. The Brexit vote was a shock, but a proper exit deal and two years of transition would surely lead us all to a new and unfamiliar place. We would adjust to it in time. Indeed.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.