Accountability should be a basic function of high office
With Oireachtas committees, the political instinct veers towards scoring points rather than getting answers
The minority government is two years old. In that time, Leo Varadkar’s administration has been rocked on two occasions by two separate controversies that go to the very heart of how governance is conducted in this country.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive