Revealed: Bus Éireann demands more cash to carry pensioners
Company currently paying €13m a year in overtime
Bus Éireann is demanding it should receive more money for carrying pensioners, even as new figures show the cash-strapped semi-state body is spending between €11 million and €13 million on staff overtime each year.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.