Pressure mounting as construction workers lodge 12 per cent pay claim
Pay claim will add to National Children’s Hospital costs. Construction Industry Federation to oppose demand
Cost pressures across the economy look set to rise as construction workers have lodged a 12 per cent pay rise claim over the next three years, in a move which could add to the spiralling cost of the National Children’s Hospital and the price of building larger housing schemes.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.