In the eye of the storm, Trump’s not for turning
Will the president-elect run his White House in the same cavalier manner as his divisive election campaign?
Of all the plaintive and pointless questions that have been asked about president-elect Donald Trump, ‘When will he start acting like the president?’ is perhaps the most plangent. Since June 16, 2015, when Donald Trump first announced his candidacy in the lobby of his flagship building on Manhattan’s 5th Avenue, that question has gone through many evolutions – even if the man who will become America’s next president has not.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.