From the archive: ‘Hume knew that personal and political humiliation was worth risking if the great prize could be achieved’
Almost 20 years ago, Frank Connolly wrote about the Nobel committee’s decision to recognise John Hume and David Trimble for their work on the peace process in the North
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive