The V12 Aston just got racier
The Aston Martin DB11 AMR is the next iteration of the company’s V12 grand tourer
There is no logical reason for V12 petrol engines to still exist. They’re heavy, have lots of moving parts and are, generally, not the most efficient things in the world. What’s more, now that the vast majority of engines are turbocharged, smaller and more economical V8s can produce just as much power. Thankfully, well-heeled car enthusiasts aren’t always the most logical of people, and the prestige of having a V12 engine under the bonnet still matters enough to enough of them for Aston Martin to continue with the layout for its GT cars.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive