To Try, Buy And Put By
In the past, vineyards were plant collectives, with many varieties and the wine made in any area was just whatever grew in that vineyard. In Alsace, Gentil is such a collective wine, made from the blending of all the wineries varieties as here, a dab of pinot blanc, riesling, muscat and even Gewürztraminer. The result is spicy, luscious not cloying, and soft. A perfect everyday summer wine with an ancient pedigree.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive