The Abbey is set to stage an adaptation of Louise O’Neill’s novel Asking For It, beginning next week. It made its debut as part of the Cork Midsummer Festival earlier this year to much acclaim, and Dublin audiences can see it for themselves from Friday. Set in a small Cork town, the play deals with a young woman’s experience following an act of violence committed against her and relates the community’s response to it. It runs until November 24, with tickets priced between €13 and €45. You can book at abbeytheatre.ie.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive