The parenting group in your pocket
WhatsApp groups may drive many crazy, but they are the closest thing parents have to a virtual village, writes Jessie Collins
If there’s a marker of modern Western parenting – other than the pursuit of perfection – it has to be isolation. We often live further away from our immediate family. Being displaced to different parts of the city is the new norm, while if you get to stay in the city you may consider yourself lucky. It can be another part of the country, or the world altogether. And, as many parents will tell you, even a 30- or 40-minute journey can feel like a million miles when you’ve got small kids.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.