The price of Porter
How comedian Al Porter suddenly became the most visible man in Irish entertainment
Al Porter is something of an anomaly in Marconi House, the headquarters of the Communicorp radio empire. While others his age fill entry-level media jobs in the same building, the new Today FM host has enjoyed a swift rise to prominence. At 24, he is more than a decade younger than most of the station’s big-name presenters, having bypassed more traditional paths to radio stardom on the back of a well-established reputation in comedy.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive