Why the new driving rules should be welcomed
The new Road Traffic Amendment Bill contains laws that could genuinely save lives
I grew up in a rural community, of the very kind that the Rural Independent group of TDs purports to represent. They remain vehemently opposed to Transport Minister Shane Ross’s Road Traffic Amendment Bill, which, after a ridiculously protracted delay in the Oireachtas, finally was passed in the Dáil earlier this month (with 75 TDs voting in favour and only eight voting against), and the Seanad last week.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.