How to navigate the Fringes of theatrical invention
Theatres in Dublin make way for the eclectic performance experiments of the Dublin Fringe Festival this week. With 80 productions across the performing arts being launched over 16 days, the programme can be intimidating. How to choose from a mixed bag of unvetted new work that crosses genres? Will that show about Ikea bookcases (Billy, Smock Alley Theatre, Boys’ School, September 18-22) really be any good? Is it worth gambling the ticket price to participate in cryptic immersive piece The Money (further details only when you book)? To help, here are my top theatrical tips for the next two weeks. If I’m right, they will sell out in a flash.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive