Moods of the catwalk
A colourful new book captures the amazing theatricality, art and emotion that surround the best fashion shows
When we think of great fashion shows, they are generally not the mechanical, commercial spectacle of models gliding silently along a catwalk, faces frozen automaton-like. They are the gut-wrenching spectacles of Alexander McQueen, with robotic arms spray-painting a rotating model in some kind of nightmarish jewellery box illusion, or the spectral figure of Kate Moss arising, Victorian gothic-style, before the mesmerised eyes of the audience.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive