Fashion: Hits Of The 80s
With a nod to Madonna and an oversized jumper, 1980s-style excess is back with a bang
Assuming you were there to experience it first time around, 1980s fashion requires little introduction. That overblown, gloriously gaudy style associated with bad perms, pink bubblegum – and possibly Ivana Trump – is back, and for 2017 it’s back in a big way. Dior was at it first, reviving velvet chokers and Addicted to Love little black dresses, while Stella McCartney’s blowsy trenches and penchant for a decidedly 80s shade of electric blue left little doubt as to the most influential decade in designers’ minds.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.