Breaking open a confessional seal
Visual artist Trina McKillen’s childhood in west Belfast ensured she would have a deep attachment to the Catholic Church. Her own mother’s feeling of betrayal in the face of the child abuse revelations compelled her to explore that darkness, pain and ambiguity in her work. Her new installation Confess is provoking sorrowful and profound reactions in the US, writes Marion McKeone
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.