Americans feel the chill as Detroit Show loses its lustre
US manufacturers are being eclipsed on home turf, while attention switches to Vegas tech exhibition
Oh how the car world is changing. Only a couple of decades ago, the annual Detroit Auto Show was seen as the unofficial start of the automotive calendar. Led by the ‘Big Three’ American car makers (General Motors, Ford and Chrysler), the US show was glamorous, glitzy and packed with shiny new models the world had never seen before.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive