Profile, Barney Eastwood: published December 15, 1991
Saved by the bell
The snipers were waiting in the long grass for Barney Eastwood last week, and their ammunition was the name of Barry McGuigan. Had Steve Collins lost his middleweight contest with American Danny Morgan at the National Stadium last Wednesday evening, the memory of McGuigan’s defeat at the fists of Steve Cruz in Las Vegas five years ago would have come flooding back to the minds of the Irish sporting public.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive