Business of Sport
Ewan MacKenna: Why on earth was anyone surprised by what Davy Fitzgerald said?
Many found it surprising. Others found it shocking. One national newspaper even described it as ''extraordinary. And, to be honest, we aren't fully sure why, on any count. What exactly did those people expect Gaelic games to be like when the bibs are packed away after training, or when the final whistle blows on a season of Sundays? Church fetes and tea parties? Get real.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive