Wealth of data no longer needs to be overwhelming
There are sophisticated tools to help businesses make sense of the information they have, says KPMG’s Paul Toner
Data is currently growing faster than ever before. According to the IDC Digital Universe Study, by 2020, we will be creating about 1.7 megabytes of new information every second for every human being on the planet. Our accumulated digital universe of data will grow from today’s 4.4 zettabytes to around 44 zettabytes, or 44 trillion gigabytes.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.