Amnesty ‘at a loss’ over SIPO ‘reversal’
SIPO wrote to Amnesty to tell them they had to return a €137,000 donation from George Soros’s foundation
Amnesty International Ireland’s executive director Colm O’Gorman has said he is “at a loss to understand” what has changed since the Standards in Public Office Commission (SIPO) told them in 2016 they didn’t need to refuse foreign donations.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive