A World of trouble for social media
The knock-on impact of a social media ban at the World Cup would be huge
Calling Alexei Navalny a thorn in the side of Vladimir Putin’s administration would vastly overstate the impact the activist has in Russia. He is however seen as an irritation, often a useful one from some corners of the Kremlin, and now the Russian government is looking to make a statement in its ability to restrict Navalny and it’s a whopper.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.