Where you’re going, you don’t need roads
With the urban and rural broadband divide closing across Ireland, connectivity is becoming increasingly central to businesses
The government recently announced its capital spending plan for 2016-2021, and in it there was an initial allocation of €275 million for the National Broadband Plan. Though more investment is promised, this sum is set to be the initial stimulus for a plan that is aiming to provide 85 per cent of the state’s homes and businesses with high-speed broadband connectivity by 2018.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive