The reason we can’t switch off is to prove to ourselves that we’re indispensable in the workplace
When we use technology, it releases dopamine - and that’s why our brains are hooked
Are you addicted to technology? Is our always-on culture making it harder to draw the line between work and personal life? Did you know that 40 per cent of us check our email before we get out of bed in the morning? That an hour of extra work per day adds up to 29 days a year, cancelling out nearly every holiday and vacation day in the calendar?
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.