The Gadget Guy
Ransomware can wreak havoc on unprotected businesses
Between January and August of this year, more than 1,000 companies and individuals in Ireland (most likely far more, this is only according to our own industry records) were hit by a major viral internet epidemic known as ‘ransomware’. Ransomware infects your computer equipment and encrypts all user data with a password. A Word document or email then offers to provide that password for a price.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.