The Gadget Guy
Robots like Sophia are merely all talk for the moment
I used to enjoy laughing at those old-fashioned videos portraying our technological future in a posh English accent; pointing and laughing at their ideas of ‘robot nannies’. My favourite science fiction films and TV shows depicted robotic humanoids ranging from the archetypal ‘destroy humanity’ bad boys to friendly comic-sidekick types. They were wildly unlikely, so it suited the fantasy lover in all of us.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive