The Gadget Guy
Don’t be a hostage to fortune when it comes to ransomware
A customer of mine recently discovered first-hand the true meaning and implications of ‘ransomware’. It describes the recent spate of computer viruses designed to attack a user’s personal data and hold it to ransom, usually by encrypting it with a password the hacker might offer to provide for a sturdy sum of money.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.