The Gadget Guy
Colin Baker: Do you take plastic?
So I’ve a new job. I don’t work behind a counter 24/7 anymore. My New Year’s resolution was to ‘get out of my box’ and start actually guiding and running the company. That’s another story and I’ll let you know how that goes, but it’s the modicum of extra time this move has given me that lead to me noticing more. I’ve started walking rather than running, looking at other businesses. I’ve even found time to eat lunch. I make a point of supporting new businesses so last week I sought out a new café in Dun Laoghaire I’d seen shared on Facebook by a friend. It was awesome but when I went to pay and realised I’d made the assumption they took credit cards, I was told those facilities wouldn’t be available for another “couple of months”. Turns out, for new businesses, that’s somewhat normal.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive