The Gadget Guy
Colin Baker warns: 'don’t cut cabling corners'
After the recent story of a bed going up in flames in a Dublin city apartment as a result of an overheating laptop charger, I was asked by an industry specialist to conduct a review and report on the risk level of similar occurrences posed by such equipment: or, in real terms, to advise on how to minimise the possibility of this happening again to any of us.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.