The centre of the world
Róisín Kiberd writes on the increasing role Ireland plays in the data centre sector
Tanya Duncan, managing director of Interxion Ireland, a branch of its international network of cloud-neutral co-location data centres, said: “The Dublin co-location market is developing into a true technology hub, attracting international cloud and content providers looking to service the European market from Ireland.” Citing a recent report by legal firm William Fry, she observed: “Despite Ireland’s significantly smaller economy and population size, it is perceived by international organisations, based on key factors driving location decisions, as one of the top two destinations for EU data-driven investments — just behind the UK (in first place) and ahead of Germany (in third place).”
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.