Tech companies keep data for own benefit, says author
Tech companies have data that could make our lives better, but they are using it for their own benefit only, according to Nilofer Merchant, author, marketing expert and former Apple executive. Speaking at the InspireFest event at the Bord Gáis Energy Theatre in Dublin last week, Merchant said technology companies establishing themselves in Ireland might have harmful effects on their employees.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.