Stop giving social media companies facial recognition data
Your incessant selfies are paving the way to a surveillance state, argues Emmet Ryan
You are an idiot. No, you’re worse than that. You are an idiot who refuses to listen. No, you’re worse than that again. You’re an idiot who preaches about threats to privacy while publicly proving your idiocy by engaging in an online challenge.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive