Why are Samsung's Note 7 phones catching fire?
US consumer body says company may have tried to pack too much into battery pouch
South Korean electronics giant Samsung is still struggling to contain the fall-out from problems with its Galaxy Note 7 smartphones. Yesterday, the company said it would stop production of the phones, which were overheating and catching fire even after a recall that was supposed to fix the problem.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.