The post GDPR age
Post-GDPR, data protection is more important than ever, writes Róisín Kiberd
Would you know a supercookie if you encountered one? A persistent cookie? A session cookie? How about a zombie cookie? You’ve probably guessed by now that we’re not talking about baked goods. In the months since the general data protection regulation (GDPR) became a reality, cookie consent notices have slowly taken over webpages. Some pop up in the middle of web pages, or lurk around the corners. Some are tiny, while others are big enough to take up half the screen. They’re annoying and repetitive, but they’re also a reminder of a bigger issue that affects us all: where is your data? Do you know what happens to it after you give it away?
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive