Not arise and go, but stay and grow
Don’t fancy a move to the big smoke? Rural tech workers are proving they can have the best of both worlds, writes Emmet Ryan
Moving had been the norm for Shauna Moran, but it had always been on her terms. Living in Kilmaine in Mayo, finding ways to build in the tech world without giving up life in the west was a challenge. Fortune smiled on her and set her on a journey more of thought than of body, but one that could well influence thousands of people across the island.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive